1) 4 stars Great link for how to make your site more appealing to search engine to find. Highlights include:
- Easy to use, navigate, and understand
- Provide direct, actionable information relevant to the query
- Professionally designed and accessible to modern browsers
- Deliver high quality, legitimate, credible content
2) 4 stars The digital world is constantly changing, with that comes new challenges for marketers to deal with. Forbes posted an article, 5 Unfamiliar SEO Tasks Marketing will Have o Deal with in 2014, explaining some of the up and coming trends in response to new technologies. Trends included are:
1. Semantic SEO to adapt to Google
2. No Keyword Data
3. Google + integrates with YouTube
4. Cocitation Practices (Text surrounding link becoming more important than link itself)
5. Google review extentions
3) 3 stars Explains ‘spiders’ and how they find keywords very well. Consider habits of target market when deciding on keywords. http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2014/jan/16/what-is-seo-how-website-google-visibility
4) 4 stars 55 Quick SEO Tips Even Your Mother Would Love-
Many shorts hints I would not have thought of, demonstrating that the little things do matter. Such as, Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a major brand name that is a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
5) 5 stars Article from Marketing Magazine: What it takes to be SEO ready in 2014
Addresses the constantly changing landscape of digital, and show different trends than most of the above articles:
a) On-page optimization and fulfilling your promise – As Google gets better at distinguishing between useful content and spam, it’s now crucial that you write your content in a natural voice. That means you no longer need to instruct your writers to cram your keywords onto every page at least five times.
b) Off-page optimization: Spammers beware – If you’re not going to market your content online in 2014, don’t even bother creating it and why
c) Conversion rate optimization as a hidden treasure – Very few SEO agencies are even considering conversion rate optimization (CRO). This is shocking when you consider that simple changes to a landing page can lead to a 300% increase in phone calls with the same amount of traffic… HOW TO DO THIS
d) Social media as the future – Social signals (Google +1s, Facebook shares and Tweets) contribute to higher search engine rankings. What should you do about it?
6) 4 stars For if I just can’t do it myself: How to choose the best SEO company
7) 5 stars This blog has so much information all any SEO category I can think of. If you need it, look here. Sections include:
User Experience & Conversion Rate Optimization
8) 5 stars Want to remember this for if I have to blog one day: SEO tips for bloggers
Blogging can be different when thinking about SEO, if you want to be ranked high on search engine searches remember these important factors.
9) 4 stars How SEO and Social Media are aligning
SEO and Social teams can no longer operate separately. Why? Because social media is playing an ever-more important role in SEO, and it has the potential to be disruptive to the status quo. This article explains the value and strategies behind combining tactics with SEO and Social in the digital age.
10) 4 starsBecause I have been using WordPress more this could be very helpful to get noticed:
The Definitive Guide To Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites.
This site has HUGE amounts of information just on WordPress