1) 4 Stars. This is a great infographic and checklist for creating Google AdWords. It flows from first steps to optimizing your ad to make it as effective as possible.
2) 5 Stars. From the University of Louisville – everything Google could want you to know about AdWords. This PDF is a comprehensive guide to basics, how to create effective keywords (THIS SECTION IS GREAT), being relevant, and tracking your ad’s success. Everything you could know about creating usable, effective AdWords.
3) 4 stars. The significant majority of the people who visit your site do NOT convert. So how do you get them to convert over time? According to KISSmertric you stalk them. This guide tells you how to target and stalk those who are most likely to convert and what messages to send them.
4) 3 Stars. Search Engine Marketing for beginners – this video is great at simply explianing what SEM is and why it is important. This will be valuable when first learning material is MKTG 4425, but may become too simplistic after the course.
5) 3 Stars. This article is great for understanding SEM in an introductory sense.
This link outlines the three benefits of adding SEM to your marketing campaign. The three benefits listed in this article are:
- SEARCH DELIVERS AN ACTIVE, TARGETED MESSAGE TO YOUR ONLINE PROPERTIES
- SEARCH IS THE MOST POPULAR MEDIUM FOR LOCATING INFORMATION
- SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING HAS ONE OF THE LOWEST COSTS PER CUSTOMER ACQUISITION.
If you don’t do SEM, you can guarantee your competitors are.
6) 5 Stars. This website is a great place to watch for new articles on the changing landscape of SEM. They are dedicated to keeping up to date material on the subject. Check back here regularly for advice and changes.
7) 4 Stars. This article give examples of many forms of online advertising and how each type works. Includes:
- Google Search Ads
- AdWords Ads
- PPC Ads
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Ads
- Tumblr Ads
- Banner Ads
- Google Display Ads
- Retargeting Ads
- Reddit Ads
- Mobile Ads
- In-Game Ads
- AdMob Ads
- Email Ads
- Gmail Ads
- Video Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Instagram Ads
- Vine Ads
8) 4 Stars. 45 tips for using Facebook ads.
Tips for: Basics, controlling costs, create engaging ads, how to target, and how to get free posts